Muftah is putting together a Special Collection of articles examining Palestinian identity, especially as it has been shaped outside of Israel-Palestine. It is our hope that this Special Collection will highlight the distinctive features of Palestinian identity in the diaspora, including many of its social, cultural, political, and personal challenges. Authors must themselves identify as Palestinian and have been raised or spent significant time outside of Israel-Palestine.
We are seeking unique, cogent submissions of up to 2500 words, and welcome a range of perspectives on topics including (but not limited to):
- The impact of foreign culture on Palestinian identity
- The burdens and privileges of living in the diaspora
- The limits of Palestinian identity
- The role of language in the formation and preservation of Palestinian identity
- The role of religion in the formation and preservation of Palestinian identity
Please note that we will only be able to respond to those authors whose submissions are accepted for publication.